The Arrowhead District of the Blackhawk Council of the Boy Scouts of America, together with the Sugar River Valley Chapter of Pheasants Forever invite you to the “Call of the Wild” Spring Camporee at Savanna Springs and the Argyle Rod & Gun Club May 13, 14, 15, 2011.
Most of the camporee events will take place on Saturday May 14 between Savanna Springs, which is owned by the Wisnefske’s, (Arrowhead Activity Chair and local Pheasants Forever leader) and the Argyle Rod and Gun Club about 3 miles east of Argyle, Wisconsin. Camping sites will be available Fri & Sat. The BSA district will be offering the Outdoor part of Leadership Training. This event is meant for Arrowhead Boy Scouts, Venture Scouts and their guests. Also welcome are troops outside the district, & the youth committees & members of Pheasants Forever Chapters who bring interested youth Our local chapter is inviting our members & interested youth, girls and guys, especially from Monroe/Argyle interested in outdoor activities. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sat. program that begins at 9am-5 includes visits to certain sites that are areas of interest:
- THE TROUT POND learn to tie a fly, use a fly rod, and try to catch a big trout for supper
- THE BEAVER DAM learn about Taxidermy, Pelts, Trapping and Water Quality at a real Beaver Pond.
- PRAIRIE FIRE hike through a native prairie/savanna, plant some prairie, Watch a controlled prairie burn.
- THE GREAT OAK visit one of the biggest oaks in the state, GPS and GEO cache
- IN THE BLIND Turkey, Duck and Deer calling, Archery and Tree Stand Safety
- AT THE SHED Dutch Oven Cooking, raptors & falconry
- THE ROD & GUN CLUB Hunters Safety, Trap Shooting, Gun Cleaning, Archery and much more
- MORNING OR AFTERNOON CANOE TRIPS FROM ARGYLE TO BLOODY LAKE AT BLACKHAWK PARK???
Meals will be available. Exact costs of the program and meals are not yet available but will be subsidized by the Sugar River Valley Chapter of Pheasants Forever and Argyle Rod & Gun Club. Details of the Sunrise and Evening program on Saturday are incomplete but may include a 5K trail run, “Greenfire” Presentation, bird watch walk, Star Gazing or even a youth turkey hunt and possibly something Native American.
For more details, please visit: http://savannasprings.com/camporee.htm